I’ve just installed a brand new OCZ Agility 3 Solid State Drive (SSD) into my ASUS UL80JT ASUS Laptop. The BIOS saw the drive immediately, so I figured I was in the clear.
Sadly Windows 7 said it couldn’t find any devices to install on! Yikes!
I discovered in this thread that other people have faced this problem too, and they had worked out some fixes.
And (for me at least), there was a very easy solution.
- From the Windows DVD Boot, head off into the recovery mode
- Start a Windows Command Prompt
- Run “diskpart”
- Type “list disk” and confirm that you can see your SSD
- Type “select disk 0” to select your SSD (or whatever number it is)
- Type “clean”
- Exit diskpart and reboot your computer!
With those steps in place, Windows 7 could find my SSD and I’m enjoying that amazing speedup that SSDs have brought to my world!